What is DAAD?
DAAD (The Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst) is one of the world's largest and most respected intermediary organizations in its field. Scores of students, teachers, researchers, and scientists supported by DAAD have been able to gain valuable experience abroad. DAAD supports and promotes all areas relating to science, research, language, teaching, and others.
What is the level of the course?
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/Ph.D.) in Germany.
What does the scholarship cover?
1. Depending on the academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
2. Payments towards health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
3. Travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
4. Scholarship can be taken in Germany
What does the scholarship require?
1. Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience
2. Candidates fulfill the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study program in Germany (above-average result for the first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
3. Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
4. Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
5. Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
What are the required documents?
1. DAAD application form
2. hand-signed CV
3. hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
4. research exposé (if required by university)
5. academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
6. professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
7. confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
8. Proof of language abilities
9. English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted)
10. German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
11. copies of awarded academic degrees
12. copies of academic transcripts
13. copy of School Leaving Certificate
Powered by Froala Editor