About the Scholarship
The Master of Journalism programme focuses on the core ingredients of a sound education in journalism. Students received training in the best practices in print, digital, and multimedia journalism, as well as media law, standards, and ethics. Students may also pursue their interest in business & financial reporting, cultural journalism, global affairs, documentary production, data journalism, photojournalism, and in journalism covering China.
- A bachelor’s degree or a qualification of equivalent standard.
- A score of 587 or above (paper-based test) or 240 or above (computer-based test) or 95 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a minimum overall band of 7.0 with no sub-test lower than 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) if seeking admission on the basis of qualifications from universities or comparable institutions outside Hong Kong in which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English.
- Working experience in Journalism is desirable.
- Candidates may be required to pass a qualifying examination and interview administered by the Journalism and Media Studies Centre.
- Candidates who do not hold a Bachelor’s degree with honors from this University or another qualification of equivalent standard may in exceptional circumstances be permitted to register if:
- They possess proven professional experience in journalism or in relevant professions
- Show proof of competence in the English Language
- Satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination, if appropriate.
- Applicants with outstanding merits could be examined from the qualifying examination and considered for early admission, subject to an interview with the admission panel.
Scholarships shall be awarded on the basis of academic or professional merit; financial need will be considered when candidates are of equal merit.
How to apply?
- Go to the official website of The University of Hong Kong
- Complete an application and apply online
The application deadline is on 23rd February 2024.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete, and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.
Powered by Froala Editor