SHE-CAN seeks talented young women leaders from Cambodia and Liberia who have few opportunities but incredible potential and passion for change. We help these young women win U.S. university scholarships. Through access to a world-class college education, mentorship, and leadership training in the U.S., we provide our scholars with the tools and support needed to return and make a change in their home countries.
- College-Funded Scholarship: Every scholar applies for and is awarded a full-ride scholarship from a U.S. college, which pays for the cost of tuition, a place to live, and meals while in school.
- SHE-CAN: The organization funds test preparation classes and costs not covered by your scholarship that your family can’t afford, including passport and visa fees, flight (one to the U.S. and one home), textbooks, health insurance, etc.
- Scholar & Family: Scholars fund travel to and from test preparation classes in your country's capital city. When they arrive in the U.S., every scholar works on campus to fund her personal expenses (toothpaste, shampoo, etc.). While SHE-CAN funds health insurance for scholars, the organization is unable to fund medical expenses outside of what the insurance covers, including dental and vision expenses.
- A woman between the ages of 17-21
- Passionate about improving your country
- High school graduate or graduating high school by January 2021
- Living within 1 hour of the capital city (e.g. Phnom Penh, Monrovia)
- From a low-income household
- Interested in pursuing an undergraduate degree at a U.S. college or university (SHE-CAN does not work with students seeking graduate degrees)
- Already a leader in your school or community
- A strong English speaker: Your ability to speak and write in English is critical because all U.S. universities require a high score on the TOEFL or IELTS language exam. Therefore, if your English is not strong, we recommend that you spend a year studying and apply next year.
- Academically strong: Consistently ranked high in your class with strong grades and a strong score on National Exam or WAEC/WASSCE
- Dedicated to this program: Able to dedicate your days in January 2021 – June 2021 to SHE-CAN's pre-college program. Accepted scholars must not work full-time during this period.
- Able to access a strong Internet connection and computer daily to check emails.
How to Apply:
Because this application form does not allow you to save and finish responses at a later date, we recommend that you review the questions on this form and complete your responses in a separate Microsoft Word or text document. You can download a Word document containing the application questions by clicking here. For all questions, please do not exceed the indicated character count. Use the "Word Count" tool in Microsoft Word to determine the character count of your responses. When you have edited and reviewed your responses, copy and paste them into the online application form and submit.
Interested candidates can apply through this link.
For more information, please visit this website.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete, and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.
Powered by Froala Editor