SHE-CAN began in an unlikely place - a beauty salon in Kigali, Rwanda. In 2006, our founder Barbara Bylenga was a successful marketing professional with 20+ years of experience helping companies sell their products to a young generation. Through access to a world-class college education, mentorship, and leadership training in the U.S., we provide our scholars with the tools and support needed to return and make a change in their home countries.
- Test preparation classes for SAT/TOEFL and support executing a community service leadership project.
- Guidance to apply for and win a scholarship to a SHE-CAN Coalition School in the U.S.
- Build relationships with 4-6 American mentors, Completion of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in the U.S.
- Participation in the SHE-CAN-funded Leadership Summit in California.
- Must be between 17-22 years old
- Passionate about being a leader
- Academically very strong
- Graduated or graduating high school before 2020
- Interested in pursuing a U.S undergraduate degree
- Must be from a low-income household
- A strong English speaker
- Already a leader in their school or community
- Able to access the internet on a computer daily
- Living within 1 hour of Phnom Penh to attend class
How to Apply
Please have all of the documents below ready when you apply. Complete transcripts and national exam scores are needed, so wait to submit your application until you have all of the required documents and upload them directly in your application.
- National exam score report in PDF format (Note: if you have not yet taken the exam, please provide a written statement describing when you will take it.)
- Grade 10, 11, and 12 transcripts in PDF format
- College or university transcripts in PDF format, if applicable
- Must provide English translations of all documents above that are written in Khmer (Note: If you cannot afford an official translation, we will be accepted self-translated versions as long as they are accurate and neat.)
Interested candidates can apply through this link.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.
Powered by Froala Editor