The Graduate School will award a combination of fellowships and merit scholarships each academic year to an elite selection of master's and doctoral students who show the potential to make substantive contributions to their discipline. Review the nomination procedures and eligibility requirements for each type of award below.
For the fall nomination deadline, both incoming and currently enrolled graduate students are eligible, but preference will be given to incoming students in doctoral programs. The amount of the one-year scholarship is $10,000 ($5,000 per semester) for new admits or $5,000 ($2,500 per semester) for continuing grad students per academic year.
- The applicant must be a fully admitted, incoming domestic or international student who has been offered admission to a degree-granting doctoral program (Ph.D. or doctorate) at the University of Nevada, Reno at the time of nomination.
- The applicant must meet the minimum requirements for admission to a doctoral degree-granting program at the University of Nevada, Reno Graduate School, either as a domestic or international student.
- Fellows must maintain satisfactory academic progress for financial aid throughout the period of the fellowship and must enroll in nine or more units per semester.
- During the period of the Graduate Dean’s Fellowship award, the student cannot hold other fellowships or a Graduate Dean’s Merit Scholarship.
- Fellows also cannot hold a position of employment with the University or elsewhere during the fall and spring semesters of the fellowship award. Summer employment during the months of June and July at the end of the fellowship is permitted.
- Fellowship offers for the March 1 nomination cycle should be announced by March 19, and recipients will have until April 15 to accept admission.
- Fellowship offers for the April 2 nomination cycle should be announced by April 19, and recipients will have until May 14 to accept admission
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please visit the Official Website