The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship to Foreign Students Tenable in Brunei Darussalam for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Scholarship provides applicants with the opportunity to pursue studies at the Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master's Degree level at the following institutions of higher education in Brunei: Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB), Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB) and Politeknik Brunei (PB).
The academic year commences July/August 2023.
Ineligible applications will be rejected. Please check that you meet the following eligibility criteria before you apply. Applicants must:
• Not exceed the age of 25, for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes, and the age of 35, for Postgraduate Master's Degree programmes, on the first day of July on the year when the course/programme starts.
• Be proficient in English with a Credit 6 at GCE ‘O’ Level Examination or a Grade ‘C” in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
NOTE: The Scholarship is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Brunei Darussalam. Bruneians, Brunei Permanent Residents and international students studying/who have studied in Brunei tertiary institutions are NOT eligible.Not exceed the age of 25, for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes, and the age of 35, for Postgraduate Master's Degree programmes, on the first day of July on the year when the course/programme starts.
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
• exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
• an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient's country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient's country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
• a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
• a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
• an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
• accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
• baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient's personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
• comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Visit the Official Website for scholarship details and procedures.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete, and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.
Powered by Froala Editor