The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD Program) provides one semester scholarships to outstanding undergraduate students from around the world for non-degree full-time study combined with community service, professional development, and cultural enrichment.
Global UGRAD is administered by World Learning on behalf of U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA).
- In-state tuition instead of out-of-state, housing waivers,
- Significant tuition discounts or scholarships,
- Housing and fee reductions.
- Cover one academic semester
- Be a Cambodian citizen at least 18 years of age.
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Cambodia, and must have completed their first year of undergraduate study prior to starting their Global UGRAD Program.
- Have at least one semester or an equivalent term to complete at their home institutions upon completion of the Global UGRAD Program. The Global UGRAD program cannot be the final academic term of a student’s undergraduate study.
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate leadership through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a command of written and spoken English. The TOEFL exam will be required of those selected as finalists or alternates.
- Priority will be given to students from non-elite or less-privileged backgrounds, from both rural and urban areas, who have little or no prior experience in the U.S. or elsewhere outside of their home countries.
- Applicants must be committed to returning directly to their home country after the completion of the program.
Interested students are invited to complete the Online Application.