Dr. Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private-sector scholarship administered by The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). It was set up by the financial community in Singapore in honour of former Deputy Prime Minister Dr. Goh Keng Swee, who fostered Singapore’s economic development and growth as a reputable international financial centre.
Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) to pursue undergraduate studies at the National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). Candidates will serve a 3-year bond upon completion of their studies.
- Eligibility: Be citizens/passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Scholarship Requirement
- Ensure that the necessary university admission requirements are met (inclusive of sitting for any required university entrance examinations);
- Concurrently apply for admission to Singapore’s Institute of Higher Learning - National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU), or Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and adhere to the university’s admission deadlines and guidelines;
- Possess strong leadership qualities, good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements; and
- Have taken the SAT or made arrangements to take the SAT and will submit results by 15 March 2023.
- Duration and Terms of Awards
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (may include Honours). It provides the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees;
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
- Hostel allowance based on institution of study; and
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
- The scholarship award will be reviewed annually and is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results.
- Scholarship Bond
Successful candidates will be required to work for 3 years upon the completion of their studies in either:
- An approved company in Singapore; or
- An approved Singapore-based company in their home country
The deployment of scholarship holders to serve their bonds will be determined by Dr. GKS Scholarship Fund. Scholarship holders are not allowed to defer their bond for postgraduate studies or other reasons.
- Application Process
The 2023 Dr. GKS Scholarship application will commence on 15 November 2022 and end on 15 March 2023 at 23:59, Singapore time (UTC+08:00).
Please submit your application at GKS Login
Shortlisted applicants will be required to take an online personality profiling test in April 2023.
Applicants selected to attend the final interview will expect a session scheduled in end-May/June 2023. More information will be available at a later date.
For enquiries, please refer to the FAQs or send your questions to GKS_Scholarships@abs.org.sg.
Visit Official Website
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete, and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.
Powered by Froala Editor