In 1941, BFSU was first built as the Russian Language Team in the Third Branch of Chinese People’s Anti-Japanese Military and Political College. It was later renamed as Yan’an Foreign Languages School under the direct leadership of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China. After the founding of the People’s Republic of China, the school was put under the leadership of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It was renamed as Beijing Foreign Languages Institute in 1954 and merged with Beijing Russian Institute in 1959. Since 1980, the Institute was put under the direct leadership of the Ministry of Education. In 1994, it took on its current name Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU). Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) is renowned as the “cradle of ambassadors” in China. Statistics show that over half of Chinese ambassadors are alumni of our university. Currently 96 languages are taught in BFSU.
Beijing Foreign Studies University, or the BFSU, is a prestigious university in China and under the direct management of the State Ministry of Education. As the first foreign language university and offering the most language programs in the country, it excels in the teaching and studying of foreign languages, foreign literature, overseas sinology, and also serves as an important base producing quality professionals with language competence and global vision.
Located in Haidian District of Beijing, BFSU is divided into two campuses – west and east.
Powered by Froala Editor