The AVIS+, the new AVIS (ASEAN-Vietnam ICT Scholarship) is the initiative of the Ministry of Information and Communications of Vietnam (MIC Vietnam) to enhance the human resource development of ASEAN nations plus Korea and Japan in the field of ICT. The scholarship program is carried out by the Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT) with the financial sponsorship of outstanding Vietnamese enterprises including Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT), Viettel Group, VinGroup, CMC Corporation, FPT Joint Stock Company, Misa Corporation, starting in the academic year 2019-2020. Here is the main information of the AVIS+ program:
- AVIS+ targets young talented students from the age of 18 to 25 who are expected to play a pioneering role in the ICT development of their countries.
- AVIS+ provides full scholarships to qualified students to study a four-year undergraduate program in Information Technology (instructed in English) taken at Posts and Telecommunications Institute of Technology (PTIT), Vietnam.
AVIS+ is a FULL scholarship program for each candidate during their whole 4-year study in Vietnam, including:
- Full tuition fee
- Two round-trip airfares (international flights)
- Establishment allowance
- Monthly stipend (10,000,000 VND/month, equivalent to 425 USD/month)
- Health insurance
- $100 Bonus for annual Vietnamese Tet Holiday
- Nationality: Citizens of the ASEAN plus Korea and Japan and residing in corresponding home countries at the time of application.
- Age: Between 18 and 25 as of August 31st, 2020
- Academic Background:
- Holding a high school diploma authorized by the respective nations.
- GPA of high school years from 7.0 upwards (point scale of 10 or equivalent).
- English Proficiency:
- Applicants must obtain IELTS 5.5 (academic) or other equivalent certificates issued by authorized testing and certification bodies.
- Students from high school or students from junior college programs fully taught in English are exempted from submitting English certificates.
- Health Condition: Applicants must be in good health certified by authorized clinics or hospitals.
- Ineligibility: A person who falls under the following category is NOT eligible to apply:
- Those who are being under investigation from their local authorities in any kind of forms
- Military personnel registered on the active list
How to Apply
- Application Form can be downloaded at http://cie.ptit.edu.vn
- Three (3) sets of Application Documents (1 Original / 2 Photocopies of the original one) are required.
- All documents are written in other languages than English need notarized English translation (self-translation is not acceptable).
- Use only A4 size paper for all copy sets.
- Do not staple the documents. Put a paperclip on them instead.
- Make your own extra copy of the Application Documents before submission.
- List of Application Documents:
- Application Form with Photos (4cm x 6cm) (designated form)
- High School Diploma
- Official Academic Transcript
- International English proficiency test results or a Confirmation Letter from respective high schools or junior colleges verifying that their academic programs are taught in English.
- Certificate of Health Examination
- Application Letter
- Passport (photocopy)
- Application Submission
Deadline for Application Submission: 17.00 (Hanoi), August 31st,2020
Interested candidates can apply through this link.
For more information, please visit this site.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.