7 ways to Stop Panick Taking Over During an Exam
Thinking about an exam already make you become more worried and nervous, you will become even more panic when you’re actually sitting in the exam room during your examination. You may wonder, how do normally people manage to stop a panic attack during the important time? So, here are the effective tips that might help you to prevent panicking over during an exam:
1. Take some deep breaths: This will help clear your head and give you time to think. This method also eases your nervous system and makes you feel more relaxing, it helps to release stress and reduce anxiety.
2. Re-read the question: this will help ensure you don’t misread the question and avoid making sloppy mistakes. Normally, some people make mistake before the they start to do their exam mostly due to the misunderstanding of the question. So, make sure to re-read the question before you start doing your exam.
3. Think back to your revision: Have you answer similar questions previously during your revision? You may recall your revision time before your exam, think about the highlighting key point that you have revised before, it is at least helps you to do your exam smoothly.
4. What would your teacher say?: what advice would your teacher give you to help you right now? You ask this question to yourself, and try to find the possible advice that may have been given by your teacher.
5. Something is better than nothing: better to guess the answer! Better to guess the answer than leave it blank. If you don’t write anything down you are guaranteed to get zero marks. Don’t ever give up in the mid-point or from the beginning just because you don’t know how to do it, keep doing and making an effort to complete everything even you know it might be incorrect.
6. Stick to your exam strategy: if you have a bad first question, stick to your pre-planned strategy and don’t let the bad start affect your performance on the next question. Move on to the point which seems to be doable for you, start thinking about the next point so that you can finish on time.
7. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself: work your hardest and do your best. Some stress is good but becoming stressed doesn’t help you think clearly under pressure. If you put pressure on yourself too much, you will become more nervous and forget everything at some point, so try to be unserious and go with the flow, try to do everything you can and manage for stressful situation.
***www.wedushare.com. Please note that NO article on WEduShare.com may be copied or reproduced in any form without prior permission.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete and appropriate, we make no representations nor warrant