About the Scholarship
Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea in pursuit of academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
- All applicants must hold citizenship of NIIED designated countries that are invited to take part in the GKS program
- Applicants’ parents (or legal guardians) must hold citizenship from another country other than Korea. If applicants or their parent hold dual citizenship (one who has both Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country), such applicants are not eligible to apply
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit documentation issued by the Korean government that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship
- If an applicant’s citizenship is changed during the selection process, he or she will be excluded from the evaluation. (Not applicable to R&D and Global Network program)
- Score percentile should be 80% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked in the top 20% of one’s class
- CGPA must be equal to or above 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, or 3.23/5.0
- Must be under 40 years of age (born after September 1, 1984)
- Academic professors in one of the Official Development Assistance (ODA) recipients
- All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of the program.
Document to complete
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- Research Proposal
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Invitation (Research Program)
- Applicant Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Consent to Collect and Use Personal Information
- Graduate certificate
- Academic transcript
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of overseas Korean
Available Fields of Study
- All academic fields established by the GKS participating universities
- Academic programs are offered during evenings (night school), short-term programs, online and distant-leaning programs are not applicable in this scholarship program.
- Applicants can only apply to the universities and departments that are listed in the “University Information” file attached under the GKS Notice post in Study in Korea website
- Round-trip airfare
- Study Incentive (14,100,000-19,800,000 KRW per year)
How to apply?
- Drop your application at the Korean Embassy-security office
- You can't submit documents by e-mail, please visit the embassy.
The application deadline is on 29th February 2024.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete, and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.
Powered by Froala Editor