Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at higher educational institutions in Korea for academic degrees, which will enhance international education exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (offered once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 KRW per month
- 1-Year Korean Language Training Fee: Fully covered
- Degree Program Tuition: Fully covered
- The tuition amount covered by NIIED is a maximum of 5million KRW, and the amount that exceeds 5 million KRW will be covered by the scholar’s university
- University Admission fees are waived for GKS scholars
- Medical Insurance: 60,000 KRW per month
- Korean Proficiency Grants: 100,000 KRW per month
- This special additional grant is given only to GKS scholars in the degree program who hold valid TOPIK level 5 or 6 for the period of exam validity
- Degree Completion Grants: 100,000 KRW (offered once)
All applicants and their parents must be citizens of the GKS program‟s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Applicants and their parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Must be under 25 years of age as of March 1, 2021 (born after March 1, 1996)
- Must hold a high school diploma as of March 1st, 2021 or must be expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2021
- All applicants must have maintained the overall grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any ONE of the following from their respective universities:
- Bachelor‟s Degree Applicant: 80% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 20% within one's class
- Associate Degree Applicant: 75% or above on a 100 point scale or be ranked within the top 25% within one’s class
How to Apply:
The application submitted by e-mail will not be accepted. Please visit the embassy to submit.
Interested Candidates can apply through this 4. 2021 GKS-U Application Form.docx
For more information, please visit this website.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete, and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.
Powered by Froala Editor