The Dr. Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS).
Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar) to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore i.e. National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The Dr. GKS Scholarship Fund was set up by the financial community in Singapore in honour of the former Deputy Prime Minister, who fostered Singapore's economic development and growth as a reputable international financial centre.
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees;
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
- Hostel allowance based on the institution of study; and
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
* The scholarship award will be reviewed annually and is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results.
- Ensure that the necessary university admission requirements are met (inclusive of sitting for any required university entrance examinations);
- Concurrently apply for admission to NUS, NTU, SMU, or SUTD. Most courses (except for specialised courses like Medicine) will be considered. Applicants should adhere to the university's admission deadlines and guidelines;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements; and
- Have sat for, or made private arrangements to sit for the SAT* (for more information on SAT and registration for the test, please refer to the College Board website).
*In light of COVID-19, applications without SAT will also be accepted. Applicants unable to take the SAT should submit the proficiency test(s) taken when applying to the Singapore universities
(E.g. GCE A-levels, IELTS, TOEFL, PTE Academic, ACT or C1 advanced) for our consideration.
- Please submit your application at www.pscgateway.gov.sg/app/gks/account/uidsignin.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to take an online personality profiling test in April 2021.
- Applicants selected to attend the final interview will expect a session scheduled in end-May/June 2021. More information will be available at a later date.
For more information, please visit the official link.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information. Although every effort is made to keep the information true, accurate, complete and appropriate, we make no representations nor warranties.