9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Studying in China

9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Studying in China

Posted at: 22 Dec 2020

Studying abroad is a unique experience for many students to pursue their education overseas. It is a great opportunity for students to gain quality education, experience a new culture, and become more independent.

To most students, it is very common that most students have many questions in mind related to studying and living in China. Here are a few commonly asked questions. 

1. Do I need to speak Chinese (Mandarin) in order to be able to study in China?  

Generally speaking, no, you do not need to know how to speak Chinese (Mandarin) in order to go to study in China. There are international programs available. Nevertheless, picking up some Chinese will make yourself much more easily living there and experiencing the culture. 

2. What are the entry requirements for studying in China? 

Entry requirements vary widely between universities, majors, or the types of program you are seeking. Be sure to do enough research to find out and understand the requirement before submitting anything. If you do think you need help, do not hesitate to contact the education agents who are helpful and experienced in making arrangements for students. 

3. Do I need to have the IELTS or TOEFL to study in China? 

No. Most universities in China do not require IELTS or TOEFL. Depending on the universities or the courses you are applying to, you might need to satisfy some university’s demands such as HSK level 4-5 (for bachelor’s degree) and HSK level 5-8 (for master’s degree) if you are applying for Chinese medium-coarse or going through entrance exam if required.

4. Do I need a visa to study in China? If I do, what type of visa do I need?

Yes, you do need a visa to study in China. A student visa in China is known as the X visa. For students who plan to study in China for more than 6 months need to apply for an X1 visa while those who study for less than 6 months should apply for the X2 visa. 

5. I heard the immigration law for female visa applicants is tightened. Will it be hard to get a visa?

The immigration law was tightened to ensure a higher level of order and security, but it does not prevent female students from going to study in China. For students who have concerns with applying for a student visa, education agents such as WEduAbroad do provide this service with a high degree of success of visa application.  

6. I heard that people cannot access Google, Youtube, and many other social media in China. Is there a way around it? 

While students cannot use certain types of search engines and social media, there are other options available for substitutions such as Baidu, Youku, Weibo, and more. It is a way for you to experience and get connected with other Chinese peers. Additionally, if you really need to access search engines and other social media that usually cannot be accessed from a common internet network in China, you can purchase the VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access these websites.  

7. Do I need to go through a medical checkups and purchase insurance?

If you plan to study in China for more than 6 months, it is required that you go through a medical checkup. Insurance should be purchased for all international students. 

8. Is there financial assistance available? 

Yes, there are. Each year, the Chinese government offers hundreds of full and partial scholarships to our Cambodian students. Many universities in China also provide university-level scholarship. 

9. If I still have more concerns, who can I reach out to? 

It is very common that students will have many concerns regarding processes of overseas education; therefore, it is always a great idea to reach out to the education agent who is the expert in preparing students to study abroad. Students are welcomed to reach out to seek a free consulting service with us, WEduAbroad via our number (855) 17 548 354 or visit us at the 9th Floor, B-Ray Tower, Preah Norodom Blvd, Tonle Bassak Commune, Chamkamorn District, Phnom Penh. 

***This article is the property of WEduShare Co, Ltd. and is originally published at www.wedushare.com. Please note that NO article on WEduShare.com may be copied or reproduced in any form without prior permission.  

***Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of WEduShare Co, Ltd.

Powered by Froala Editor