Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Joint Master of Science (M.Sc.) programme
Study Subject: Scholarships are “Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security.”
List of Subjects: Fields of expertise include Vulnerability Assessment, Ecosystem Services, Sustainable Development, Disaster Management, Climate Change Adaptation, Human-Nature Relationships, Science & Technology Studies, Development Geography, Geomorphology, Socio-Hydrology, Future Studies, GIS and Remote Sensing.
Scholarship Award: There are eight fully-funded scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
- Applicants must possess a first, higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in Geography or a related / comparable professionally certified study programme. Out of all higher education qualifications earned (Bachelor’s, Master’s, additional academic coursework, etc.) applicants must have accumulated at least 100 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) within courses related to the three following areas: Human Geography and Social Sciences with a focus on spatial patterns, society, development; Science methodology and empirical research methods; Physical Geography, Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a focus on Earth System Science.
- A strong motivation to contribute to the area of Human Security and management of risks related to Environmental Change is a pre-requisite to study in this Master’s Programme.
- Applicants should be highly motivated to learn in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment.
- A minimum of 2 years of related professional experience is required for candidates from developing countries who additionally wish to be considered for a scholarship under the Development-Related Postgraduate programmes (Epos) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Nationality: Citizens of developing country can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Eligible candidates should fulfil the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from a “Developing Country” (according to the classification of the DAAD)
- Having at least two years of practical work experience (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector) in a field related to the study programme
- Having graduated from the Bachelor no longer than five years ago
- Having completed no other Master in a similar field of studies
- Aiming at a career as a practitioner in a field related to the programme of study
English Language Requirement: Non-native English speaking applicants must prove sufficient proficiency in the English language.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 15, 2017.
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information.
Find Us on Facebook Page: WEduShare