The program aims to give undergraduate and graduate students from around the world the chance to gain short-term research experience in scientific fields. Students will build their researching skills and expand their international networks. Students will also have the opportunity to work with Japanese students to build friendships and share knowledge they can use in in further collaborative efforts.
While the full-time laboratory program is three to five weeks long (depending on the laboratory the student belongs to), the program also provides students with chances to learn about the Japanese culture and language. Additionally, summer program students are welcome to use the UTokyo campus facilities (libraries, health center, gymnasium).
3-5 weeks between June 26, 2017 and August 4, 2017.
(program start date and duration vary depending on laboratory; please refer to the host lab’s schedule for details)
※Students must start the program on either June 26 or July 3, 2017.
- Students must dedicate themselves fully to participation in the summer program. Students may not take any courses or be employed during the program. Additionally, all students must be able to attend the program for its entire duration.
- Students must live in the accommodation provided by UTokyo.
- Students must respect the work of all laboratory members, participate in activities in the laboratory (including daily life activities), and attend laboratory meetings/gatherings.
- Students must attend all required activities and social events.
- At the conclusion of the program, students must submit a research paper to the School of Engineering. Students must secure overseas travel insurance in their home countries before coming to Japan.
Applicants must satisfy all below eligibility requirements (a-e).
- Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a UTokyo partner university or other institution designated by the School of Engineering.
【List of partner universities and designated institutions】
NOTE: Undergraduate applicants must have completed at least two full years of study in a bachelor’s degree program by the time the summer program begins.
- Strong record of academic performance.
- High level of English proficiency as demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 79, or IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or equivalent (if applicant is not a native English speaker or if English is not applicant’s first language).
- Interested in pursuing a Ph.D.
- Have not taken part in this program before.
- Stipend: JPY 80,000 (fixed; amount independent of program length)
Note: FUTI recipients ineligible for this stipend
- Accommodation: off-campus accommodation
Travel costs such as round-trip airplane tickets from the student’s home country to Japan, domestic travel expenses in Japan, or transportation fees from the student’s home to their nearest airport are not included in financial support for this program.
Applicants must apply for the program through the T-cens online application system. Visit the online application website: https://t-cens.iapply.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/t-cens_sp/login.php
3:00 pm December 12, 2016 (JST) – 3:00 pm January 25, 2017
First, register with T-cens (https://t-cens.iapply.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/t-cens_sp/login.php) and get a Login ID and Password. Please complete your application submission before 3:00 pm (JST), January 25, 2017.
※JST・・・Japan Standard Time
Official Website: Click Here!
***Disclaimer: WEduShare does not own the content. Our purpose is purely to help spread the information.
Find Us on Facebook Page: WEduShare